Taming the Beast

My hair progression from being a natural beauty to a sisterlocked vixen

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

New Kid On the Block



while researching sisterlocks i came across blogspots and got alot of good information from the many beautiful ladies who blog on a regular basis. so now thats i have set the date for my consultation and first locking session i thought it time for me to start my own blog. Ive "gone" natural two times in my life...the first i submitted back to the perm. By request of my then boyfriend who was a rastafarian with the most beautiful freeform dreads i have ever seen. Ive been growing my hair naturally via the big chop since feburary 05. I have wanted dreadlocks since the 10th grade of high school. But after 3 failed attempts and the instant sucess of my best friends dreads I gave up. Then during research on dreads I came across sisterlocks..and was flip flopping for months. I finally decided on sisterlocks, met a friend of mom's who had them, who turned out to be a consultant... and now im on the road to natural freedom....this saturday is my consultation session. i cant wait!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger MsShelle said…

    Good Luck Ziggy. It's a rough road but stick with it. You will learn a lot about yourself throughout your journey. Have fun and enjoy your locks.

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Chi-chi said…

    Welcome to the club. If you love natural hair, you'll loooooove SL's at almost every stage. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm going to buy the curlers.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Funlayo said…

    You are going to love Sl's. Take lots of photos to capture the look of you locks in the beginning phases. It will amaze your how your hair changes every couple of months. You can't really appreciate how your hair evolves unless you take photos.

    I am really looking forward to reading about your journey. I am adding your blog to my links.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home